Membership Meeting – Summer 2022 Fabric Challenge Due
September 15 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
To Benefit the Needy
- The Comfort Quilt committee will assemble bags of fabric for this challenge. Bags will have various colors and amounts given. No two bags will be alike, and we will keep a list of participants whereas there will be surprise prizes as well.
- From the fabric, members are asked to assemble a Comfort Quilt, (suitable for donating). Use of members’ own stash fabric will be necessary to finish the quilt for this challenge.
- Sizes of this challenge must be a minimum of 25” x 30” (crib size) and no larger than 40” x 75” (twin size).
- Bag pick up will be at the May 19, 2022, General Membership meeting at the church.
- Finished quilts will be judged at the September 2022 meeting with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places given. Voting will be based on the membership present picking viewer’s choice.
- When the challenge is over, the quilts will be given to the Comfort Quilts A committee in collaboration with the Education Committee for a special exhibit at the Cranston Central Library in December 2022. After the exhibit, the Comfort Quilts will be distributed to the needy.