Please be sure to check the times and locations for each workshop.
There will be a volunteer host for each workshop. If you are interested in hosting a workshop, contact Hope at 860-377-3718 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for workshops at guild meetings or by sending a check payable to “NBQA” to:
Hope Barton, 472 Allen Hill Rd, Brooklyn, CT 06234
Workshops are open to non-members for an additional $5.00.
- Workshop location will be announced.
- Workshops are held on various days of the week. Cost of a workshop will vary depending on the cost of the instructor etc. In general, workshops will be priced to cover the cost of running that workshop. Workshops are limited to 20 participants.
- To attend a workshop, you must register and pay in full in advance. Do this by seeking out the Program Chairperson at a General Meeting or by mailing in your check payable to “NBQA” and request to: Hope Barton, 472 Allen Hill Rd, Brooklyn, CT 06234. For questions…contact her at 860-377-3718 or email her at email@example.com.
- For your comfort you might want to dress in layers and bring a seat cushion.
- You are welcome to bring a snack for yourself and/or a snack to share with other workshop participants.
- Do not bring an iron even if one is specified on the class supply list. Irons will be provided.
- There will be a lunch break around noon. You may bring a bag lunch including a beverage or go out to get your lunch at local fast foods. A refrigerator is available to store lunches.
- Please make every effort to gather all the supplies on the supply list.
- Please remember to turn your cell phone ring off at the workshop so that you do not disturb other participants.
- Please wear a name tag. Stick-ons will be available at the workshop.
- Guild Policy states that if you are unable to attend the workshop, the workshop fee will be refunded only if your spot is filled two weeks previous to the workshop.
- Classes and class space are available only to registered, paid participants. No “auditing” of classes is permitted. No concurrent use of the workspace for other projects is permitted.
(hint: to view past workshops, click the left arrow below)
Floral Sheers: In this workshop you will use a provided pattern to paint a gorgeous flower with lumineer paint, on parchment paper. That will be fused to organza and then applied to batting for a stunning wall quilt.
Supply List: Black Sharpie “stained” marker is needed. Do not make yourself crazy looking for one, Esterita will have them for sale along with colored “stained” markers that are now her favorites for fabric. Kit Fee: $35.00 covers everything else you will need.
For more information about Esterita Austin and her work
Zero to Sixty: Put the Pedal to the Medal
NBQA members Billie Bunnewith and Kassie Randall are presenting another workshop in their always popular series:
Are you bored with sewing squares and rectangles? Why not try angles! In this workshop you will learn techniques for constructing multiple different blocks with 60 degree triangles and no Y seams. Mix and match the blocks of your choice to create a colorful sampler quilt. Or, if you prefer, select only one or two block designs to complete your project. Different layout options for the blocks will also be presented