Block of the Month 2014-15
Block of the Month will have two parts for this NBQA year. Members who would like to participate in Block of the Month can participate in one or both parts of the program.
Part 1 – Traditional Block of the Month Program
Directions for eight blocks (6 incorporating the flying geese block using various techniques, 1 other piecing and one appliqué block) will be distributed at the September meeting and will be available on this website.
- Members are invited to make a block each month and bring it to bring to the monthly meeting.
- Members will receive one raffle ticket for each block that’s turned in at the meeting.
- A winning ticket will be drawn each month and the winning member can take home all of the blocks that were turned in that night.
Part 2 – Members make a designated number of blocks each month in their own chosen colors, which can be used to make a quilt.
- Blocks are brought to the meeting and the member receives a ticket for a drawing for a fat quarter, but keeps the blocks for her own quilt.
Directions for a quilt layout are provided in the NBQA Block of the month booklet and are available on the NBQA website.
- 84 x 84 – 49 Block (square) quilt
- 72 x 84 – 48 Block quilt (rectangle) can be made
Members who participated in Block of the Month Part 2 can bring completed quilts to the September 2015 meeting for display.
Quilts can be entered into 2016 Quilt Show and will be displayed together.
2014-15 Block of Month and color palate for BOM Monthly Giveaway – see Part 1
Samples will be available for viewing prior to each month – Click block name link for directions. More directions coming soon.
September – Double 4 Patch – red small squares which form chain, blue and green
October -Dutchman’s Puzzle – white background, black and grey geese
November –Windblown Square – beige background, brown and tan geese
January – Wild Goose Chase– navy background, beige or neutral geese, and red geese wings
February – Flying Geese Strip – beige background, red geese and red border strip
March – See Saw Block – white background, blue geese, red interior triangle
April – Wild Goose Strip – white background, black geese background (wings) yellow geese
May – Applique block which keeps in geese theme for year.