Early Bird Special
All participants who sign up before May 31 will save $5!!!
Visit the Programs table at NBQA
for more information.
Dresden Neighborhood Supply List
Michelle Banton, Little Pup Designs 508-735-2244
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
- $8.00 pattern fee (I will have these at the workshop) – there is NO homework or need to purchase prior to the workshop. To respect the designer, each person must purchase a pattern.
- Dresden Plate acrylic ruler/template – I will have some available for purchase ($8) if you don’t have one.
- Background – 2/3 yard of background fabric (I will have some backgrounds available for $5 each. Or bring your own)
- Houses – 20 scraps, approximately 4” x 10” for houses (that is using a standard 18 degree Dresden template) Wedge rulers of different degrees will take more or less scraps depending on the size. (you can choose 20 different fabrics, 10 each of 2 different; 4 each of 5; any combination to equal 20) DO NOT pre-fuse your house fabric.
- Doors & Windows – small amounts of scraps for these (I will have some available)
- Roofs – 20 scraps, approximately 4” x 2” for roofs – can all be one color, or scrappy. I like to use black. (I will have some available)
- One scrap approximately 4-5” square for the center.
- Backing fabric – 2/3 yard
- Batting – 24×24”
- Fusible web – I like Mistyfuse. Bring your favorite, or get some Mistyfuse from me. I will bring enough Mistyfuse to “baste” the buildings to the background. You might want to bring more fusible of your own or have it pre-fused to your roofs, windows and doors fabrics. If you don’t have a favorite, I will bring extra Mistyfuse. (If you DO pre-fuse, only do the roofs, doors, windows)
- Sewing machine – in working order
- Thread – black, neutral or colorful thread. The thread WILL show as you stitch down the buildings, windows, doors and roofs. Some people prefer all black; some want colorful – it is your choice.
- Basic sewing supplies.
- Rotary cutter and mat.
- A small ironing station is handy. I will bring a couple of irons and ironing boards for general use.
- If you are a quick worker, you might have time to baste and quilt the top. If so, you might want to bring a darning foot for free motion quilting.
I WILL bring a number of scraps that you are welcome to use for houses, windows, doors and roofs.
COLOR WHEEL HOUSES – If you wish to create a Color Wheel Neighborhood, you will need a 30 degree ruler which will use 12 different colors to create the circle of houses. I have those rulers available for $14. I also have Cherrywood Hand Dyed Fabric in the 12 colors of the color wheel available for $10. Please let me know ahead of time if this is the option you want to go with.
By the end of the workshop you should have the project finished, or nearly finished. YAY – not another UFO!